Thursday, February 8, 2007

Priorities

Must empty myself of angst before going to see.... Donna the Buffalo!

Angst: I very rarely watch TV, and when I do, i realize that my opinion of American culture, as being hopelessly superficial and deranged, is spectacularly optimistic. Anna Nicole Smith died today, freeing up some otherwise useful space in the world. I am ashamed to say I know who she is. Apparently, many other Americans do as well, and, get this, they also apparently CARE who she is! She is most notable for her inability to form complete sentences and for impulsively bouncing her boobs around whenever a camera is nearby. While I was involuntarily watching TV, CNN, by God, spent at least 30 minutes talking about Anna freaking Nicole Smith. During that time, several dozen legitimate humans died in Iraq. That will not be covered on CNN. Also, there will be special coverage of Anna's death later tonight on CNN and probably several other channels.

Angst dumped successfully... I'm out!

No comments: