Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Devolution

Devolution: Not like the geeks, DEVO (awesome that they are). This is the Scotland, Wales, Basque variety that I'm talking about. Could it happen here? In parts of the country it would be a positive. But, I am afraid to say, I hate to think what the South and Mid-west would become. For example, this could create a 21st century Confederate States, but on the other hand it would create the Republic of California or a Republic of New England and fulfill the hopes of a Cascadia Secession. To be honest, I like living in ATL, and if this happened, we would have to become a city-state. Not a bad idea, but leaving the perimeter might be a bit more dangerous. Anyway, the story from the NY Times OpEd page: (I would put a link, but NY times makes you pay for OpEds after a couple of days).

Read More....

1 comment:

Trey said...

That reminds me of the elisha Shapiro video I sent you!

Interesting.