Saturday, December 6, 2008

Bush delivers.

From Charlie Gibson's interview with Dubya last week,

"GIBSON: What were you most unprepared for?

BUSH: Well, I think I was unprepared for war. In other words, I didn't campaign and say, "Please vote for me, I'll be able to handle an attack." In other words, I didn't anticipate war. Presidents -- one of the things about the modern presidency is that the unexpected will happen."

Mind-blowing. I mean, shouldn't war be one of those things that you should definitely be prepared for if you seek the Presidency, kinda like, oh I don't know, natural disasters? What the hell is this sorry-I-screwed-it-up-but-I-never-claimed-I-could-handle-it bullshit? I mean, war is something that happens in some form during almost all Presidencies, right?

Just unbelievable.

And what's up with this implication that the "unexpected" is a "modern" phenomenon? Or that the "unexpected" isn't an intrinsic facet of anything in the entire world? Bush's capacity for inane, vacuous assertions may forever remain unmatched.

One more, "BUSH: ...took place over a decade or so, before I arrived in President, during I arrived in President."

Wow.

No comments: